Precision, Capacity, Capability. We have what it takes
Our shop is well equipped with state-of-the art machinery run by skilled journey machinists who take pride in crafting gears and components for every application and industry. We are one of the largest gear jobbing shops in the country with over 200 installed machine tools and 100 overhead cranes up to 20 tons. This unique combination of talent and tools provides us the ability to meet very high accuracy specifications and quality requirements for custom gears as well as gearbox repairs. With our strategic capital improvement program, the Company’s capacity and service are constantly improving.
- Gear Cutting: External & Internal Gears to 6 Meters
- CNC Gear Grinding: External & Internal Gears to 2.6 Meters
- CNC Gear Inspection: Up to 100″ Diameter
- Vertical Turning: Up to 144″ Diameter
- Horizontal Turning: Up to 120″ Diameter
- CNC Horizontal Milling: Up to 22,000 pounds
- Keyway / Spline Cutting: Up to 59″ stroke
- Worm / Thread Grinding: Up to 8″ Diameter
- Spline Broaching: Up to 72″ stroke
- Gearbox Assembly: Up to 20 tons
- Gearbox Testing: Up to 1000 HP
Feel free to download our Machine Capacity Chart for a complete listing of all machine tools and capacities.
The Gear Works is one of the largest and most diverse gear manufacturing companies in North America. We service a wide spectrum of industries, including power generation, mining, timber products, wind, construction, oil and gas, steel, marine, aerospace, and many more. Find out more about our capabilities
or take a virtual of our facility
The Gear Works made extraordinary enhancements and improvements to our quality, productivity and capacity in the last few years. See the equipment purchased in 2012 along with our new Mazak Integrex e-70.
Step Inside The Gear Works
Learn more about our company, capabilities, and the industries we serve from the people who work here.