Just Installed: Large CNC Milling And Boring
Friday, August 14th, 2009
The Gear Works proudly announces the commissioning of its new 5 Axis Boring Machine, specifically designed for precision boring, milling, drilling and contour machining of large complex parts.
Wind Turbine annulus gear being machined on our Model KBN 135 CNC Boring machine built by Kia Heavy Industries.
Specifications and Capacity
- Maximum workpiece weight: 22,000 lbs.
- Rotary table size: 79″ X 71″ (.001° Resolution)
- Spindle size: 5.3″
- Spindle H.P.: 25
- Head stock vertical travel: 78″
- Cross table travel: 118″
- CNC Control unit: Fanuc 16MC
- Machine weight: 82,000 lbs.
- Foundation Weight: 570,000 lbs.
- Equipped with:
- 40 station tool carousel
- On-board inspection probing
- Through spindle coolant
- Right angle boring attachment
At The Gear Works we are committed to invest in world class tools to produce world class gear products.