Large CNC Turning and Milling Center
Friday, August 14th, 2009
The Gear Works is pleased to announce its latest acquisition and installation of world class machining technology: 72″ Giddings and Lewis Vertical Turning & Milling Center. Now, large parts can be turned, milled, drilled, tapped, and inspected in one efficient set-up by utilizing multiple on-board machining functions, such as the 25 H.P. live milling spindle and 12 station tool changer.
- Maximum swing: 78″ (4″ above chuck)
- Maximum height under rail: 70″
- Maximum ram travel: 38″
- Maximum table speed: 280 RPM
- Maximum spindle speed: 2,200 RPM
- Foundation weight:: 92,000 Lbs.
Other Special Features:
- 12 station automatic tool carousel
- Automatic rail leveling device
- Chip removal conveyor
- Through spindle coolant
- 250 gallon Cyclone coolant filter system
This investment is another example of The Gear Works’ commitment to ongoing improvement of it’s manufacturing capabilities in order to provide maximum productivity, precision and customer satisfaction.