Rebuilding a 40,000 LB. Main Propulsion Gearbox
Wednesday, October 7th, 2009
When the Washington State Ferry System needed a reliable source to overhaul their 2500 H.P. gearboxes, used on the Issaquah class ferry boats, they turned to The Gear Works for fast, dependable service.
After 25 years of service the propulsion drives were showing signs of wear and increasing noise.
The Scope of Work Included:
* Complete Disassembly and Cleaning
* Mag-Particle Inspection of all Rotating Elements
* Gearbox Housing Alignment Inspection
* Installation of New Bearings
* Replacement of Internal Lubrication Lines
* Clutch Repair
* Addition of New Inspection Ports
* REGRIND ALL TOOTH FLANKS TO AGMA Q-12 ACCURACY AND 16 RMS FINISH
* Reassemble and Spin Test
The Gear Works is the choice!