State of the Art Gear Grinding!
Wednesday, October 7th, 2009
The Gear Works proudly announces its new crown jewel. The ultimate in gear grinding technology has just been commissioned at our Seattle facility. Direct from Ludwigsburg, Germany, the Gleason-Pfauter P1600G Gear Grinding Machine is one of the most productive and accurate gear finishing machines ever produced.
Now, the Gear Works can offer extreme productivity, high precision, and competitive pricing for very accurate gears with the addition of this state of the art machine.
Gear Accuracies To AGMA Quality 14+
Ideal for small and large lot production.
This new machine features:
* External gear grinding with CBN (cubic crystalline boron nitride) plated grinding wheels.
* External gear grinding with vitrified (dressable) grinding wheels.
* Internal gear grinding with CBN grinding wheels
* On-Board CNC dressing device for vitrified grinding wheels to produce any gear tooth profile.
* On-board inspection probe for pre-grind determination of optimum stock removal and post grind measurement, evaluation and reporting of gear accuracy, including:
*Agma quality 14+
* Siemens CNC technology (5 Axis) to provide any Gear Tooth Modifications
Gleason-Pfauter P1600G Gear Grinding Machine Capacity
* Maximum Workpiece Dia: (External Teeth) 72″
* Maximum Major Dia: (Internal Teeth) 80″
* Maximum Face Width: (External Teeth) 38″
* Maximum Helix Angle: (Internal Teeth) 9°
* Maximum Face Width: (Internal Teeth) 13 1/2″
* Minimum Workpiece Dia: (External Teeth) 3″
* Minimum Workpiece Dia: (Internal Teeth) 12″
* Maximum Table Load: 33,000 Lbs.
* Maximum Pitch: 3/4 D.P.
At The Gear Works, we’re committed to continually improve our gear making capacity and quality. Call us for an estimate on your next gearing requirement.