At The Gear Works, we’ve been working to AGMA specifications and other industry standards for many years. We have been ISO 9001 certified since 1994. The Gear Works specializes in small quantity, high precision gear projects. Our quality management system incorporates the following capabilities:
Material and heat treat traceability
We stock material per strict specifications, our engineering standards, and employ state-of-the-art heat treat verification and documentation.
Our metrology lab has CNC gear accuracy inspection capability up to 95 inches (2.4 meters) in diameter.
Magnetic particle inspection
Roll stand gear tooth contact checking
Electrical runout recording and correcting
Large CNC coordinate measuring machine inspection
Grind temper testing
Permanent quality documentation retention
All dimensions are 100% inspected with calibrated measuring instruments.
Our Quality Policy:
The Gear Works makes a committment to fully understanding its customer’s expectations; and then set goals to meet or exceed the expectations through the correct performance of required tasks.
It is the policy of The Gear Works:
- To produce quality products and provide services to attract and retain loyal, satisfied customers
- To service our customers profitably at competitive prices
- To develop and sustain reliable, high quality sources of supplied goods and services
- To promote on-going improvement of all processes that enhance quality and productivity
- To instill responsibility for quality and customer service in each employee